We are ready to rock Maritzburg in September with
The Witness Garden Show taking place from the
This year we have exciting new developments with the addition of the Spirit of Spring Canine Spectacular and a preview evening fashion show that will knock your socks off. Plus The Floral Art Indaba is happening at this year’s show which brings floral artists from all over the country to Pietermaritzburg to show off their talents, and there will be floral art demos with international superstar floral designer Mark Pampling.
This year’s theme Fashion Fantasy will certainly produce some interesting garden design – we can’t wait to see what out feature garden designers come up with!
Highlights for show include:
- Spirit of Spring Canine Spectacular – more than 600 purebred dogs of various breeds will be judged by three Internationally renowned Judges over the three days, they will select the “Spirit of Spring Garden Show Champion” on the Sunday. Besides the show dogs there will be Agility, Dog Carting, Dancing with Dogs Display and lots more to enjoy. Hall 2 will be filled with everything pet related featuring lots of exciting goodies to spoil your pets.
- Preview evening and Fashion Show – a not to be missed addition to The Witness Garden Show calendar that includes the first glimpse of the feature gardens, music, dancing, cheese and wine and fashion with a twist. This event will take place on Thursday the 22 September (the day before the show opens) at 7pm and tickets will go on sale shortly. This event has limited space, so early booking is essential. Please e-mail email@example.com if you are interested in the event and we will let you know as soon as the tickets go on sale.
- The South African Flower Union is hosting the Floral Art Indaba with entries and displays that are bound to be a big highlight of the show AND world-renowned floral designer Mark Pampling from Australia will be in town to do demonstrations at the show – a big treat for all who love flowers – tickets for this event will be available in the coming months.
- The Gourmet Food Hall will be buzzing with more to eat and drink.
- The Kids Zone will be bigger and better. The Schools Gardens sponsored by ABI will be moving into this area and will include gardening in tyres and miniature gardens – a big trend this year in gardening. Any schools wishing to enter can do so by e-mailing Marlize on Marlizedupreez77@gmail.com
- The Plant Hall will be filled with orchids, clivias, bonsai, clematis and more – beautiful displays and plenty of great plants to buy.
- Orchestral music in the feature hall which will be filled with inspiring designs and stunning plants.
- Demos and talks every half an hour in the Demo Kitchen in the main hall featuring gardening, floral art, growing special plants and much more.
All the usual features that we have all come to love will be back including the most beautiful Quilting; inspiring Cake Decorating from the Icing Guild; 4×4 track with Midlands 4×4; Arts and Crafts including the popular Art Show in the Grill Room; Chainsaw Races – fascinating to watch; and Shopping ranging from plants and gardening equipment to the latest gadgets and gardening goodies we can’t do without. Watch this space, there is more on the way!
Check out the Keep Updated tab for all the great things happening at the show.
09h00 to 17h00 daily
R60 for adults (12 years +)
R40 for children under 12 and pensioners (60 years +)
Pre-school children accompanied by an adult enter free of charge
Tickets available at the gate or from Computicket